Good Afternoon Yall!
I hope everyone has been doing fantastic. Today I have a great and easy recipe for you to try. I took a recipe (here for the original), and adjusted it to fit my time, budget, and health needs.
So let’s give it a go.
What you will need:
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, halved
- 1 LB. or 1 Large Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast; cut into 1/2-1in cubes
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Slices of cooked and chopped bacon (If you want a less greasier option, cook bacon the night before, let it cool, chop it, and refrigerate it.)
- 3-4 Cups Brussels Sprouts, washed, trimmed, halved or quartered
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, peeled, washed, and cubed into 1/2in pieces
- 1 Large Yellow or Sweet Onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 Large Granny Smith Apple; peeled, cored, and chopped into 1/2 slices
- 3 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. dried Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 cup Chicken Broth, halved
- In a Large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil. Add Chicken. Cook through. Remove once cooked and place on a paper-toweled plate. Set aside.
- Add the rest of Olive oil to the now empty skillet. Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes. Lightly salt and pepper (this is really to taste, but you will be doing it again). Cook over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally for about 15 minutes.
- Add onion, apples, and garlic powder to the vegetable mix. Stir well. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Place chicken back into the mix. Add bacon, thyme, and cinnamon. Stir. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Stir occasionally for about 15 minutes.
- Add remaining chicken broth. Salt and Pepper to taste. Stir. Reduce heat to low. Cover pan and simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir at the 10 minutes remaining mark.
That is it. Easy-Peasy. Keep in mind, especially if you are not a Brussels Sprouts fan, that the longer you let it simmer in the chicken broth, the better it will be. I served this in a bowl, but you could add a starch (like brown rice) if you would like.
I hope Y’all like it! Let me know, and if you put your own spin on it, share below that way we can all compare and better our own recipe!
Until Next Time,