I know you have probably read a million blog post about different must haves for you and your new baby, and I am sure you are swimming in new ideas and like me felt super overwhelmed.
But don’t worry, the list I have complied here contains things that I got that really are worth the hype and the money.
Sidebar- I am not getting any kickbacks for recommending these products. I just like them and they work for us. Hopefully they will make your life easier too.
So lets jump in shall we?!
Being a new parent can be super stressful and overwhelming. It seems like everyone has an opinion about what you need to do and how to do it, what you need for baby, and how much money you should be spending. Forget all of that.
You will find that you will take tidbits of advice and apply it with your own common sense and instincts-because after-all, no one will know your baby better than you.
That being said, below is a list of baby products that have been worth the money and have saved us a little bit of sanity and provided a little comfort as we dive into the new and amazing world of being parents.
Our little one is 2-months old, so the list will probably grow as our baby does, but for now these are my favorite things.
Blooming flower baby bath
- This baby bath has been super handy. I stick it in one side of my kitchen sink, and I can lean my son against the cushions while getting him squeaky clean. It saves my back and makes the fear of a slippery baby less scary. After bath time is done, I rinse it out, and throw it in the dryer on low. Done and Done. There are a couple of different versions of this, some with more “petals” but the four petal flower, or lotus flower, works great for us. You can find it on Amazon by clicking here, or at Target (where I got mine) by clicking here.
Tommee Tippee Bottle Warmer
- This Bottle Warmer is super easy to use. It was given to me by my sister-in-law and has come in handy during those late night feedings. We keep ours plugged in (we only turn it on when in use) and with water in it. We just cover the top with tin foil when not in use, and change the water every week. You can find it here on Amazon.
Dr. Brown’s Anti-Colic Bottles
- These bottles are great, and can pretty much be found anywhere you can buy baby stuff. I got mine at Walmart. My little one uses breast milk and formula, so sometimes he gets gas which makes his tummy really hurt. This is one of my favorite bottles that helps prevent him from sucking down to much air. Great buy for the price. It can be found here at Amazon and here at Walmart.
Munchkin Latch Bottles
- These bottles are also fantastic. More like the breast, it allows your baby to latch on better while siphoning the excess air out of the bottle. I got a couple of these as samples (from different businesses when I signed up for registries through them) and love them! You can find them at Amazon here.
and the final spot goes to…
Baby Sleep Sacks
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE these. Make sure you get the ones that zip from the bottom up or have two zipper pulls. It is pretty chilly here right now, so these sleep sacks make night time feedings and diaper changes a breeze. I got a couple of baby long sleeve shirts from the hospital, so I put my son in one of those and zip him up into a sleep sack. Because it zips from the bottom, you do not have to worry about your little one getting super cold when changing a diaper or if the swaddle comes off or loose. You can find some options on Amazon here is a thin one and here is a ticker one.
So there you go. 5 baby products that have been a great find for our little family. There are so many more products that I use and love, but these 5 were most surprising for me. I never thought I would need or want sleep sacks but they are totally worth it. Expect more great and useful baby products to come!!
Until next time,